Hey Chargers, Sorry been delinquent on my trivia.
First, I thought maybe we should recall something, which you've said a million times but probably haven't in a couple of weeks.
Please consider any intentions you may have (ought to be easy).
St. Jean Baptiste De LaSalle - Pray for Us
St. Joseph - Pray for Us
Keep Jesus in your heart - Forever
General Trivia for anyone
What did the first vending machine dispense (double points for this one)?
The Music festival Lollapalooza was originally conceived as a farewell tour for this band?
Ironically, the Nobel Peace prize is funded by and named after the individual who made his fortune selling this product?
What is name of hte first car company to celebrate its 100th birthday?
What is another term for an illegal fraud called a pyramid scheme (hint: its named after someone)?
What is the name of the CEO who drove Enron into ruin?
Email those answers to me.
Today is not an official school day, but many of you have not turned in assignments. Please take a look at the website for you class. I am monitoring email throughout these days and the weekend so any questions please let me know.
Accounting Assignment update. A number of you seemed to have been timed out last night while working on the Application problems. I am extending the due date through Monday 11 pm.
Be sure to check the webpage for your class for an important announcement. Your assignment due tomorrow is pushed back to Monday of next week.
Any questions, please let me know.
Good Morning Chargers,
Day 3 of lockdown looks a bit gloomy. Lets "spring" ahead to Friday - the first official day of Spring. As that was a scheduled no class day, I will be offline and no work is officially due that day.
Since we won't have the opportunity on Friday, we can do some springtime trivia today. See the answers to yesterday's trivia below.
First one brief announcement: I am trying to keep up with all emails/questions. As for grades, I will collect those then post, so look for grades to hit the gradebook at the end of this week.
Trivia (3/18) Springtime
General Questions - open to all.
1. What 1967 movie classic, remade in 2005, features the song "Springtime for Hitler"?
2. What famous myth says that this unusual thing can only be done on the first day of spring.
What ancient English monument is associated with druids and the celebration of the spring equinox?
Florida is threatening to close down college spring breakers for fear of coronavirus spread. What is the estimated economic benefit of spring break on the 2 most popular destinations - Florida and Texas?
As a popular spring break destination, we should know a little about Florida law. In Florida, even though these are legally yours, it is illegal to sell them. What are they?
Spring is traditionally the "busy season" for accountants. There are two main reasons, can you name at least one?
Trivia (3/17 answers)
1. What movie won the Best Picture for 2019 at the recent Academy Awards? Parasite
2. Where did the first St. Patrick's Day parade take place? New York City
What nationality was St. Patrick? He was British, under Roman occupation.
What is the largest industry in Ireland? I'd take either agriculture or pharmaceuticals
In the year 2000 what two Irish rock stars were allowed to legally graze sheep on St. Stephan's Green (Dublin's busiest park) because they won the medal of Freesom of Dublin City? Bono and The Edge from U2
How many accountants are there in Ireland (guess can be within 5,000)? 25-35,000 depending on the source - nobody got that one.
First, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.
I will be looking at submittted assignments and any student messages today, and if any clarifications are needed, I will post those in my afternoon message.
In the meantime two announcements.
1) I have included some St. Patrick's day trivia below for each class - extra credit to the first students to guess their subject trivia and the general trivia correctly.
2) I will be posting LIFE #8 question sheets for Economics later today.
General & St. Patrick's Day (any one can answer)
1. What movie won the Best Picture for 2019 at the recent Academy Awards?
2. Where did the first St. Patrick's Day parade take place?
What nationality was St. Patrick?
What is the largest industry in Ireland?
In the year 2000 what two Irish rock stars were allowed to legally graze sheep on St. Stephan's Green (Dublin's busiest park) because they won the medal of Freesom of Dublin City?
How many accountants are there in Ireland (guess can be within 5,000)?
Send in your answers by email and have a great day.
Special section for Coronavirus online work
IMPORTANT READ ME FIRST
Good Morning Chargers,
This is the place to start so that you can keep up with your work in any of my classes. While this will be a little strange at the start, we will make it work and like most things, get better as we go. As I find new ways to communicate, I will be testing those out.
We'll start simply. I will post and explain any assignments on the class page for each of my classes, as well explain the calendar with due dates, etc.
I would suggest starting on this page each day so you can get any important updates, and this is where you find other content which you might find interesting.
- For example I will be posting extra credit trivia each day - both related to our class content and current events and pop culture. Check back later for the Monday 3/16 edition.
- Try to check in a couple of times per day, to make sure you aren't missing anything.
- For now, my official office hours will be 11 am - 3 pm. During those times you can get one-on-one help via email (email@example.com) or if possible, via a phone or video chat. That said, I will try to respond to any email within 24 hours.
The week of 3/16 (this week) was scheduled to be only 3 days of class, so our work will reflect that.
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask (via email is best).