St. Joseph High School Athletics
Athletic Director: Vicente Peña.
- The boys participate in the Chicago Catholic League.
- The girls participate in the GCAC.
- St. Joseph adheres to all rules and regulations under the IHSA (Illinois High School Association). This includes weekly academic eligibility requirements.
- Each student-athlete must have on file an annual certificate of physical fitness.
- There is a $100 athletic fee for each sport in which a student-athlete participates.
- All uniforms are the property of St. Joseph High School and each student-athlete is responsible for its care.
- All student-athletes are expected to exhibit appropriate sportsmanship in their attitude and behavior. This includes actions off the playing surface, including the use of social media.
- St. Joseph High School encourages all parents to join the Booster Club and support student athletics.
*More details on the above can be obtained under Athletic Policies found in the Student-Parent Handbook.
Presently, IHSA is following the “Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations” from Gov. Pritzker. These mitigations stipulate:
- Pause all indoor group sporting and recreational activities
- Outdoor sports and recreation allowed
- Participant groups and practices outdoors limited to 10 persons or less with social distancing
- Face coverings required for all activities at all times
- Locker rooms should be closed
You can find these mitigations on line at https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/restore-illinois-mitigation-plan
“Don't just tough it out when it comes to pain and injuries. Let the Athletico team take the first look and recommend treatment options to help you get back to doing the things you love. Schedule a free assessment to be seen at one of Athletico's clinics or virtually from the comfort of your home. Don’t delay the recovery process. Athletico is proud to be the Official Provider of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training for St. Joseph High School. Athletico Physical Therapy – Better for Every Body.”